Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Weakest Link

After totaling over 24 hours of being in the air... Ali I'm sure you're having a heart attack right now just reading this... I finally landed in Perth, Australia.  The president of the softball club and his daughter/my teammate were there to greet me with a hot chocolate.  I immediately could tell this was going to be a good trip :)

We hauled my huge suitcases back to their house where I spent the rest of the day struggling to stay awake.  After what seemed like a never ending day of meeting teammates, coaches, and taking in the sights I finally layed my head on my pillow and didn't move until 13 hours later.  I'm really lucky that their house is so nice and they have the perfect set up for me.  I get my own room, bathroom, and cell phone. Plus they are awesome cooks and have two extra cars that I can use. However, one is a stick shift and seeing as how poorly my lessons went in Holland I'm just going to stick to the automatic.  Not to mention that I still have to get used to driving on the wrong side of the road, yikes!

While everything is great, my favorite part of the house is the button right next to my bed that brings down these heavy duty blinds that block out all light from my window... it reminds me of Cameron Diaz's LA house in The Holiday! I'll definitely be needing one of these back home :)

Yesterday was another full day of meeting people and touring around Perth. We spent a good chunk of the day hanging out at the beach before we made our way back home for my welcome party grill-out. At the party I got a lil preview of the Aussie tolerance.  These people sure know how to put them back with no problem... I will be the weakest link on our team!

5 comments:

  1. Don't feel obligated that you must become the "strongest link", at least when it comes to knocking them back. Also, get the details on that black-out drapery arrangement, I'd like to install that in my bedroom. - Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have a pretty nice arrangement, it's putting the cabin to shame - hmph - I guess I will look into getting the draperies installed downstairs. Also dad's comment above is pretty funny about not feeling obligated to be the strongest link for alcohol consumption - you had to see that coming. Have you seen any dangerous animals/insects yet?
    - the one and only Delllllla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I've seen the most dangerous spider in the world: the redback spider. But no worries it is preserved in the stick shift of this cool retro car that they have. Hopefully I never see a live one! Other than that I have been snake and insect free!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you made it :). Sounds like fun overthere. Miss you!!
    Love,
    suus

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi brianna, we havent forgotten you yet in Holland and looking forward to reading Your adventures. Seems to me you have à pretty nice setup over there. Well, you'll get what you deserve. Have fun and no worries.
    Pim

    ReplyDelete