Yesterday was the Melbourne Cup which is a HUGE horse race that "stops the nation". People on the east half of the country get work off because it is considered a holiday and the west half takes a couple hour break during the day to celebrate and watch the race. After reading up on all the stats I strategically picked my horse based a little on the numbers and a lot on uniform color. Surprisingly, I ended up with no luck. However, I did enter a pool at work where you pick a horse out of a hat and my guy came in dead last which actually meant that I got my money back. So overall I came out even on the day.
Today the paper was filled with all the fashionistas and celebrities that attended the race in their big hats. No worries, America represented nicely by sending the Madden brothers from Good Charlotte to the race. I guess Benji Madden blindly chose the winning horse (named Shocking) and the paper captured a huge picture of him celebrating in his maroon fedora. America's finest, ladies and gentlemen!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment