Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving

After collecting all of Ter Bear's recipes I attempted to make a Thanksgiving dinner with all the toppings! With a good deal of help from the mom Carolyn and daughter Kristy, we managed to whip up a solid remake of an American Turkey Day.  I put my business education to work and strategically delegated the cooking of the turkey to the dad Rick.

We invited over some family friends invovled in softball and I ate my first thanksgiving dinner outside.  Our dinner consisted of turkey, stuffing, gravy, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, strawberry salad, pecan pie, pumpkin pie, and lots of wine. I'm proud to say the main course was flawless but we weren't so lucky with the pies. The combo of overcooking and improper ingredients left the pecan pie pretty dark and the pumpkin pie tasting more like a slice of cheesecake. However, my guests didn't know any better and loved them all the same. Overall, my first attempt at cooking a Thanksgiving meal was successful but I will be looking forward to leaving the cooking to the experts next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment