Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentines Day

Happy Vday to everyone back home.  The Minnesota Gopher softball team started their season this past weekend with a tournament in the Metrodome.  While I wasn't able to support the team at the dome I did follow their progress in the tournament daily on good ol' gophersports.com.  Congrats to Dannie Scrovie on her homerun!

My local team has completed our season here in Western Australia and now the state team is focusing in on our final national competition coming up this weekend.  On Wednesday we will be flying to Canberra where we will compete in a 3-day tournament which decides the winner of the Gilly's Shield.  Going into our last tournament we are on top of the rankings and look to bring home the shield for the first time in the past 50 years.  Our coach is getting anxious to start play so he has us practicing everyday leading up to our trip. I guess no matter where you are all coaches are the same :)

After tracking down corn syrup over here, I have finally introduced Australia to Special K Bars.  The first batch was a huge hit and I'm already getting pressured to make more.  If my college degree doesn't pull through for me I guess I can always fall back on my baking skills :)

No comments:

Post a Comment